Friday, December 6, 2013

Preparation-Mania 1

Soo.. even before the dates of 'merisik' was finalised, my mind was going through 1001 things and I, sort of panic.
Hee.. i was panicking 'cos E insisted to get engaged within two months. And I was thinking of the expenditure.. isit enough?
Alhamdulillah, there is enough plus some, but still, I panic.
Until E had to firmly tell me to calm down and that all will be fine, if we rationalise, discuss, plan and tawakkal.
I panicked at first 'cos honestly I am afraid of what my mum would plan. She usually has the final say in everything and I was afraid that my mum would not agree to the plans I have in mind. (Lagi-lagi, it was because of my mum's insistence that we got engaged.. E and me did not want one, but as usual, mums would usually go, "What would others say, especially my friends and your relatives, when they see the both of you outside together?" Oh, and another thing, I am the eldest, so paham-paham je lah.. hee..)
Okayyy.. Being a Muslim, I know that it is essentially disallowed to go out as a couple alone due to modesty issues, so now, most of our 'dates' are out in the public and usually in a group. And also because of this, is one of the reasons why I accede to the request to get engaged..
Anyways, back to the engagement plans, E and me have finally decided on the number of dulangs - 5!
That is considered on the lower spectrum of extravagance but the headache is still there.. 'Cos I had initially planned 7 dulangs as I recently got to know that for the bride side, they have to give a higher number of dulangs than the groom side, (the reason why, please don't ask me why. The reasons I got just doesn't make sense.. heh.) so when he decided to cut down, I was wondering which dulang to cancel.
Originally, it was supposed to be:
1. A Watch
2. Wallet, Belt, Suspenders
3. Chocolates
4. Fruits
5. Cupcakes
6. Fruit tart
7. Bunga rampai
But now, it has to be changed. *sighs*
I will update in the next post on my final decision, but can someone enlighten me whether is bunga rampai considered as part of the dulang, or not?
Thank you much-much! *^▁^*

*twinklez

No comments:

Post a Comment